RE: Botanical gardens

We're primarily a list serve for community gardeners in the US under the
aegis of the American Community Gardening Association. . The  ACGA links
page includes community gardens throughout the US and Canada that you may
want to visit.
If it's Botanical Gardens that you want to visit or learn about, this rather
extensive list of US  and Canadian Arborteums and Botanic Gardens from the
American Horticultural Society should be helpful to you :
Maybe someone south of the Mason/Dixon line will share their favorites with
 Some Tenessee Gardens:

                   Cheekwood Botanical Gardens
                   1200 Forrest Park Dr
                   Nashville, TN 37205-4242
                   (615) 356-8000
                   Free Admission Hours of Operation: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Saturday
                   11:00 am - 4:30 pm Sunday

                   Dixon Gallery and Gardens
                   4339 Park Ave
                   Memphis, TN 38117-4698
                   (901) 761-5250
                   Free admission 10% discount in gift shop Hours of
operation: Closed
                   Mondays 10:00am - 5:00pm Tue-Sat 1:00pm - 5:00pm Sunday

                   Memphis Botanic Garden
                   750 Cherry Rd
                   Memphis, TN 38117-4699
                   (901) 685-1566
                   Free admission Hours of operation: Mar-Oct 9:00 am - 6:00
                   Monday-Saturday 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Sundays Nov-Feb closes
at 4:30 pm

                   Reflection Riding Arboretum & Botanical Garden
                   400 Garden Rd
                   Chattanooga, TN 37419
                   (423) 821-9582
                   Free admission hours of operation: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Mon-Sat 1:00pm -
                   5:00pm Sun

If you want to do a nose count of Southern US botanical gardens, these
International and National  links may be useful to you:

Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden