RE: need help

  • Subject: RE: [cg] need help
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:39:34 -0400

1) Jack is right about the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens outreach group,
Brooklyn Green Bridge
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
1000 Washington Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11225
Tel: (718) 623-7251
Fax: (718) 857-2430
2) Closer to you is the NY Botanical Garden's(Bronx) community garden outreach organization, Bronx Green-Up

Telephone:  (718) 817-8026
Fax:  (718) 817-8018

3) You should also reach out to Green Thumb ( NYC's own Community Garden support group - and you thought that the city  only bulldozed gardens - oh the contradictions.)  Tell them that Adam Honigman from the Clinton Community Garden asked you to call:

http://www.greenthumbnyc.org/ ; Contact GreenThumb via e-mail at: admin@greenthumbnyc.org

Edie Stone, Director

49 Chambers Street Room 1020
New York, New York 10007
Tel (212) 788-8070
Fax (212) 788-8052

4) Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail address for a tour of the Clinton Community Garden in NYC. We've been at this since 1978 - maybe we've done something that can keep you from reinventing the wheel. Our website is:

5) You should check out the American Community Garden website that has a wealth of information for gardens that are starting out:

Good luck,

Adam Honigman