multicultural community gardens

  • Subject: [cg] multicultural community gardens
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:12:33 -0400

FoodShare Toronto  has a  3 year program called Seeds of Our City that is
looking at  exactly this. We are in the 2nd year of the funding and are in
the process of compiling the data and anecdotes. The person to be in touch
with is Lauren Baker <lauren@foodshare.net>.  She is on vacation until mid
August so you can reach her then.

I'd also suggest that you contact ACGA board members, Marti Ross-Bjornson
in Chicago <m-bjornson@nwu.edu>,  Sally Anne Sadler "
<sally-anne.sadler@metrokc.gov> and  Prof. Gerda Wekerle at York University
(in Toronto) <gwekerle@yorku.ca> . Just to warn you though: Marti is busy
with an upcoming wedding, Sally Anne is either still away or just coming
back from vacation and I believe that Gerda is finishing off her sabatical
so I doubt that you will hear from any of them all that soon.

Good luck.

Laura Berman
Community Garden Programme Coordinator
FoodShare Toronto