info for graduate project

  • Subject: [cg] info for graduate project
  • From: Lisa Messersmith <lgmesser@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:25:40 -0700

Hi,
I am looking for any information you all may have on different cultural
groups creating and using community gardens.  I am doing a project about how
urban community gardens can provide an opportunity for people to maintain
cultural heritage in urban settings and increase cross-cultural interaction
and understanding.  Does anyone have or know of records of various
cultural/ethnic groups making use of urban gardens in particular ways?  Does
anyone know of any surveys/interviews done to find out why and how gardeners
are growing particular food/flowers/etc. in urban community gardens?
-Lisa