RE: RE: What we do when the bulldozers aren't around:

  • Subject: RE: [cg] RE: What we do when the bulldozers aren't around:
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:09:04 -0400

Sorry Dan:

Here's a link for the Villager - Just scroll down and you'll get to the the
community garden story eventually:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?brd=1840

I don't know anything about amaranth - here's sharing it with the rest of
the  list:

also if
anyone knows about grinding amaranth it would be
great! we have been growing and drying grains here in
syracuse, n.y., and this is the first year with the
prolific and colorful display (it has a flowering head
like celosia but is reported to grow as high as twelve
feet). it grows well with other plants and you can sow
it without digging dirt. It can cover an entire field.
we have used Johnny's seeds' plainsmith and organic
amaranth straight from our health food store, along
with the wild variety! many organic beans and seeds
have been planted straight from the bulk bins (can a
conventional grocery store boast this?) thanks! would
love to see the pictures, adam. Enjoy! Are there any
other gardeners growing grains or tall grasses in
there community garden? I'd like to know what are
other good types for the american north east, please
peace,love,and harmony
dani

please send the appropriate web address, i use road
runner and this is the responds i received; also if
[...]
The requested page cannot be displayed.

                      The page you are trying to view
either was not found or the URL is incorrect.
This information is being forwarded to the webmaster
for review.        Click here to view The Villager
front page.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=2071360&BRD=1840&PAG=461&dept_id=1