Fwd: Economic Development with Locally Grown Foods

  • Subject: [cg] Fwd: Economic Development with Locally Grown Foods
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <libby@igc.org> (by way of Sally McCabe)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:35:38 -0400

Reply to Jsakc@aol.com  I am a market researcher with an interest in local
markets for local foods. My family and I also own a certified organic farm
and a natural beef herd.    We have developed a cooperative market
management (CMM) program to increase consumer demand for locally grown
foods sold through upscale supermarkets and restaurants. We want to form
partnerships with large cities to further develop and test the CMM model. A
concept paper is attached.  CMM/city partnerships may be eligible for
grants from state and federal programs.  If your city is interested, I
could prepare the grant application at no cost. I look forward to hearing
from you.  Jim Steffen 5716 West 97th Terrace Overland Park, KS 66207
913-568-5930 jsakc@aol.com