Re: open space standards

the original version of my list somehow got distorted on the way through the
web, which translated square meter into something like m&sup2. So here is
the list again which I hope is more clear: (All standards per capita if not
indicated otherwise - additional information as to minimum distances and
absolute sizes at the end of the list)

1. on private land

-private green space:                                 11sqm
-children playgrounds (0-6year olds)        4 sqm per housing unit

2. within the city settlements

-parks                                                            13sqm  (of
which 6m˛ are supposed to be residential parks in close reach)
-playgrounds                                                   1sqm (netto
1,5 sqm brutto - that includes areas not specifically designed for play)
-sport areas                                                    3,5m˛ pp
(netto, 5,0m˛ brutto - including greenery, parking lots, stands etc))
-swimming facilities                                        1sqm (outdoor
- allotment gardens                                           5 sqm
-cemetaries                                                     3,5 sqm

3. outskirts

weekend recreational resorts                    100 sqm (nature areas)
within 30 minutes reach of subway

Additional standards:

residential parks:    maximum distance 500m minimum size 5.000sqm (1,3
district parks:           a) maximum distance 1000m minimum size 10 ha (25
                                  b) maximum distance 1500m minimum size 50
ha (130 acres )

preschool playgrounds:  maximum distance 100m minimum size 150 sqm
general playgrounds:        a) maximum distance 400m  (6-12 years)
                                            b) maximum distance 1000m (12-18
years)  minimum size 2.000 sqm (netto)
adventure playgrounds:    minimum size 4.000 sqm (netto)
children farms:                    minimum size: 1 ha (2,5 acres) 2,5 ha if
serving as a city farm for the whole neighborhoo
                                            (suggested by us)

allotment gardens:    minimum size 250 sqm maximum size 400 sqm, 35% of
allotment garden colonies suggested for general green, playgrounds and

Hope this gives you a better idea