ACGA+NYC+Research!

  • Subject: [cg] ACGA+NYC+Research!
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds <aedmonds@umich.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 18:26:50 -0400

Greetings to all the NYC bound folks! (well, and everyone who can't make it).

As you're packing your bags, I implore you to look on that bookshelf of yours and grab a copy of any and all community garden-related research in your possession and throw it in your suitcase. We want hard or electronic copies of theses, articles, journals, reports. When we're in NYC, I'll make a copy (or for really long things, at least copy abstracts and summaries) and add those that we don't have to our developing community garden research database. You can leave them for me at the registration table, or bring them to the Sunday morning workshop titled, "What does the research show?" in which we'll have both research presentations and critical discussion on the role and direction of ACGA in terms of research-- including the accessibility and need for research data among ACGA members!

And, of course, if you're not coming to NYC, I still want your research! I'll also be in Cleveland next week at the Ripe from Downtown Symposium, as well as in Boston in August for the North American Association of Environmental Education meeting-- if you happen to be at either one of those, bring your stuff along! Thank you to everyone who has passed along their articles, bibliographies, et al over the last many months... keep 'em coming!

Best,
Amanda

Amanda Maria Edmonds
Membership Chair, American Community Gardening Association