Re: WE DID IT! SUCCESS STORY

  • Subject: Re: [cg] WE DID IT! SUCCESS STORY
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:50:57 EDT

Dear  Begoña,

Salud! Or as Jewish people like myself say, Mazel Tov!

Now, what you need to do is have a cocktail party ( fiesta, picnic, or
whatever is locally appropriate) for all of your gardeners, local community
supporters, politicians that helped you and the more sane of the folks who opposed
you.  This is the time to draw people in and make new friends.

Create a small xeroxed sheet of information on your garden ( with a piece on
your mission, history, good work in the community contact names and  numbers)
available for all attendees as a take away.

Make sure that those of your gardeners with the hospitality gene are working
the crowd and making everyone feel at home.

Make this an annual event going forward and be sure to have a sign in list of
all attendees so you can contact them with good news from your garden.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,

<< Subj:     [cg] WE DID IT! SUCCESS STORY