Victory Party

Hello Friends,

Well, without any more delays…here it is. The success party will be on Sunday, August 10th starting at 6:00pm until 8:00pm (will probably go on until 8:30, but we should be done before dark). Have your weeds cleaned up!

We are going to need people to help clean up afterwards. We will also need to have bins for recycling only, and for garbage (hopefully not too many of those). We can all divide up the recycling and take it home.

It seems that people liked the ‘bring your own fork’ idea. If anybody can bring extra cutlery (including plates, forks, cups) that are washable and not breakable please let me know.

We might not do balloons…I’m not sure yet. I spoke to a few rangers and they said that normally the balloons floating around in the air are not really ‘escapees’ but rather they are due to negligence from the balloon-holder, and/or people simply enjoy seeing balloons floating in the air! Why? I don’t know! So, if we are careful, they thought it shouldn’t be a problem.

Food talk…Well, it looks as if the easiest thing to do would be dessert-type and finger-type food, and salads, always welcomed in the summer. I need people to volunteer on this, so I am going to throw a list of things, and you can ‘sign up’ for bringing that item. If it’s taken already, I’ll let you know. Also, if you want to bring something else that is not in the list…great!!

  1. Pasta Salad
  2. Potato Salad
  3. Green Salad
  4. Onion rings? (Lots of fresh onions at the gardens!)
  5. Chips & Salsa
  6. Finger-size carrots, celery, broccoli, peppers and that kind of thing, with some dressing to dip into (your choice).
  7. Dessert? I have heard rumors that some gardener (and I won’t say any names) makes a raspberry pie to kill for?? Mind you, these are only rumors!
  8. Cookies – your choice.
  9. Brownies.
  10. I will bring bread, Catalan style, you’ll have to trust me on this one…I grew up with it and I can’t let it go! It’s fresh, delicious, and healthy! I’ll bring enough for 30-40 people. (that’ll be a job!)

Drinks…no alcohol, sorry! But, in general, I think that if we can each bring a couple of those 2-liter bottles of soda should suffice, and some water. So, when you tell me which choice of food you prefer, tell me what you will bring for drinks. The larger the container the more environmentally friendly (less packaging) ;-)

Oh, yes, almost forgot! Let me know if any of you have extra folding tables (to put the food on) and if you can bring any, we will need a few of those.

Well, that’s about it for now. Pass the word around. Invite whom you wish. I will be out of town next week. I leave this Sunday, and won’t be back until the 27th. Don’t forget to watch the documentary about Community Gardens “A Lot in Common” on the 27th (July) on channel 9 at noon. You will really enjoy it!

Plan to make food for about 10-15 people. We are not going to feed a whole dinner to everyone, just a little bit of food to have something to munch on while we socialize with everyone. When the food is gone, it’s gone! Every little bit helps.

I welcome comments, thoughts, ideas, directions…all that good stuff! I hope that you can make it!

Begoña Cirera

"Think Globally, Garden Locally"

"Community Gardens = Sustainability"

"Community Gardens + Community Center = Happy Community "

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden