Needed - plant costumes and/or activists for Dem convention in Boston

  • Subject: [cg] Needed - plant costumes and/or activists for Dem convention in Boston
  • From: "Ben Swett" <ben@windowbox.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:05:01 -0700

Windowbox.com is starting a program called “Shrubs Against Bush.”    We feel that this president, the worst environmental president ever, has been bad for plants.  We want to fight back on behalf of our green friends by selling plants to raise money for the Kerry campaign – we want to help them fight for undecided voters in swing states such as Ohio, Florida, and New Mexico.

During the Democratic convention next week, we’d like to have a few people handing out information cards, and it would be great if we could dress them as plants.    We can pay a little to our members of the “Shrub Corps” – and we’d also like to find a good “Branch Manager.”

So if you have a plant costume, and/or you are interested in helping, or you have any ideas on the best way to get the word out during the convention, please write to Lisa@windowbox.com.

The “Shrubs Against Bush” website isn’t done yet – we’ll let everyone know when we get it together.

Thanks, and Plants to the People!

Ben Swett