in my school the school district wont let me use my garden forcommunity :(

  • Subject: [cg] in my school the school district wont let me use my garden forcommunity :(
  • From: Rex Scates rexscates@sbcglobal.net
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:16:35 -0700 (PDT)

the emaila bout Sacramento reminded me that the district office of my school is not supprtive of the community garden I write grants for.

I have about 8,000 sqft of community garden space availabler in San Jose and my district office has issues. They say we have never doen that before (even though they knew that when i was writing a grant and buildign it it was goign to be used for the commmunity). So i know sit on 8k+ sqft of land thats just sitting. its fenced and plumbed with water, and walkways yet I can't use it yet. I am using my school agrden with my students but the seperate community garden that is attacched is being wasted. Sure makes me want to do future fund raisers.