Re: community gardens- dealing with liability issues

  • Subject: Re: [cg] community gardens- dealing with liability issues
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:16:56 -0400

 Please remember that museums are NOT in the garden business. However, if your gardeners worked out a "concept," making this an ART GARDEN, that would compliment the Museum, instead of being an add on - that conceptually would fit in with the museum, then the Museum could see this as a plus..

Their attorney is looking to control any liability exposure. Find out what the museum shows (art, local history, fire-trucks, whatever) and create the garden proposal to reflect what the museum does.

If a director buys in, then the attorney, with all of her/his exposure fears will have to be dragged along, albeit kicking and screaming.

Your pal,

Adam (we just got 3.2 Million Dollars from the NYC for the renovation in the Ballfields in Hell's Kitchen's DeWitt Clinton Park) Honigman