Re: Community Garden being reborn!

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Community Garden being reborn!
  • From: sacgc@ulink.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 6:59:42 GMT

Hi Adam, since you asked....

here is where to sent those dollar bills ;)  everything helps

send to:

Fremont Community Garden
c/o Bill Maynard
3611 Del Paso Blvd
Sacramento, California 95838

sacgc@ulink.net  (my email for more info)

we have a 501(c) (3) fiscal agent with city parks

make checks out to:

Gifts to Share c/o FCG      (initials are ok....FCG=Fremont community garden)

we will send you a receipt with the tax payer ID for your tax
purposes...plus some free seeds

FYI... the wine tasting event totals were reported back at our meeting
over 425 persons attended.. when the final numbers came in... we made
$11,000 profit about $3,000 more than we expected to make if the event
was moderatly attended...

i will be happy to give pointers on this event and our project to any
ACGA members or ask me about it at the conference.

as a side note...other council members are now asking about community
gardens in their districts and most of them have made at least a $500
contribution to our project.

still short of money for some items, we will start construction in mid
august on the garden basics and fund raise and look for donations for
other needed items in the next few months

will keep you in the loop...thanks

bill maynard