ACGA Conferencen in August

  • Subject: [cg] ACGA Conferencen in August
  • From: Samantha Charlton samalita_chica@yahoo.com.mx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:27:40 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
  My name is Samantha and I'm currently living in Vancouver, B.C.  I've recently received a scholarship to attend the ACGA annual conference, rooting for the future and am looking for a way to get there and also a place to stay in the city.  My transportation is a the main concern, as busses and planes are both really expensive between the two cities. Is anyone heading to the conference from Vancouver, Seattle or another city close to the border??? Also, anyone know of any cheap, but decent places to stay in Los Angeles or any Los Angeles community garden groups that I could approach for a billet?
  Let me know if you have any tips, please reply to me directly and not to the list.
  Thanks Alot,
  Samantha Charlton

Molly MacDonald <mollydmacdonald@yahoo.com> escribis:
  Hi everyone

I am part of an organization that links groups that
want to start a community garden with community
partners who have land to offer. We're a brand new
group and are still learning the ins and outs of
community gardening. We've recently linked an
anti-poverty advocacy group with a local museum that
has land in their courtyard. The land has been tilled
and plots prepared, but the museum has now said that
planting cannot take place unless the gardeners come
up with insurance. Since all of them are on welfare or
disability this is hardly a fair request. I was just
wondering what other people's experience has been with
this sort of issue. Is there a precedent for lawsuits
in community gardens? Does anyone have any suggestions
as to how to quell the museum's fears, navigate this
situation etc? Thank you.
http://mail.yahoo.com

"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran