Sobriety Garden/Adam Honigman

  • Subject: [cg] Sobriety Garden/Adam Honigman
  • From: "Kirby, Ellen" ellenkirby@bbg.org
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:14:07 -0400

Adam Honigman did a fantastic job representing ACGA on Wednesday night
to celebrate the saving of the Sobriety Garden at Bellevue Hospital in
New York City.  Adam's idea was to presented  ACGA award certificate to
all the public officials who were present.  Gerard Lordahl helped
greatly in the production of the certificates. Folks there from the
Friends of Sobriety Garden were very excited to see ACGA take on this
significant role. Adam was a fabulous presenter and knew exactly what to
say for  such presentations.

Adam and I will be working on an article for consideration by the ACGA
newsletter to provide the "template" for ACGA action in regard to
getting the support of public officials for saving a garden.  If anyone
has more suggestions/examples to add, send to our list serve.

Adam has just sent out the new congressional bill sponsored by Rep.
Maloney. We are hoping that ACGA can review this bill and/if it seems
appropriate, support it. Any feedback?

Ellen Kirby, Director
Brooklyn GreenBridge
Community Horticulture Program