RE: Dealing with animals in gardens

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Dealing with animals in gardens
  • From: "Venice Williams" venicewb@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:46:04 -0500

Hello to all,

I work with community gardens in urban Milwaukee (Wisconsin).  We don't
have to worry about deer, but to keep the small animals out we border our
gardens with thick layers of nasturtiums and marigolds of many sizes and
varieties.  We even let the nasturtium vine run throughout the garden
with the squash and cucumbers in some of the gardens.

However, the best thing I have found to prevent both insects and small
animals is a 100% pure garlic oil called Garlic Pharm manufactured in
Port Townsend, Washington (info@pharmsolutionsinc.com).  I only spray it
twice a season, even though the bottle tells you to spray more often.

Happy Gardening!

Venice, Milwaukee

Venice R. Williams

Kujichagulia Lutheran Center