[cg] sharing harvest with food banks

Hi everyone,

Eco-initiatives runs a network of collective gardens that share their surplus with a local food bank. We`re thinking of ways to make this link more effective- ie- when someone gets a bag of swiss chard that has dirt on it, what info do they need in order to make use of it and appreciate where it comes from; what districution system would be the most effective...etc.

Does anyone have literature describing their relationship to food banks and how they share their harvest with them? Is their a particular organization we should get in touch with to compare notes?

Martha Stiegman
Garden Projects Coordinator
Eco-initiatives
5590 rue Sherbrooke West