Community Gardens Conference

'People, Land & Sustainability' a conference on community gardening

We are organising a conference on community gardening which we have called
'People, Land & Sustainability'. This will be held in Nottingham on
13th-16th September. Community gardening encompasses a wide variety of
activities associated with gardening and includes the cultivation of
allotments, school gardens, market gardens and prison gardens and also the
use of gardens in healing and therapy. We have invited speakers from many
different countries and the conference promises to be an interesting one
with organised tours of allotments and community gardens in and around

The conference is intended to bring together all those who are working in
community gardening or are interested in the subject. We hope that the
meeting will be a useful and exciting exchange of ideas and not a stuffy
academic exercise and so we are trying to reach as many people as possible.

Our web site gives details of the conference programme and some of the
background to community gardening. This is at:

If you have a web site we would be very grateful if you would provide a link
to our site.

If you would like to receive printed copies of the programme or would like