Bilingual Kid's Gardening Books

  • Subject: [cg] Bilingual Kid's Gardening Books
  • From: Riza Falk <rizafalk@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:37:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We're putting together a garden/literacy program for
K-6 ESL(English as a Second Lanuage)students this
summer. These kids are Spanish speaking, and have been
in the US for varying amounts of time.

We are looking for bilingual children's books that can
be related somehow (loosely or strongly)to one of the
following themes: Planning and Planting the Garden,
Worms and Compost, Critters/Insects/Weeds,
Ecology/Food Web, Plant Parts and Plant Biology, Food
and Nutrition. We would like to find 2 books for each
theme, one for younger kids and one for older kids.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Riza

Riza Falk
Community Gardens VISTA