Re: Bilingual Garden books

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Bilingual Garden books
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds <aedmonds@umich.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:31:48 -0400 (EDT)

One of my favorite author/illustrators of children's books is Lois
Ehlert... at my local library I've seen several of her books in Spanish
and Spanish/English together as well as just in English.  Several are
gardening related (and incredible!)-- Growing Vegetable Soup, Planting A
Rainbow, Eating the Alphabet, Feathers for Lunch, and Red Leaf, Yellow
Leaf.  I'm not sure which ones are translated, but I'd definitely look her
up!  They're relatively elementary level-- but enjoyable to all!

Good luck!
Amanda Edmonds

     We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi