Re: spanish name

  • Subject: Re: [cg] spanish name
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@snip.net>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:44:09 -0400

Hi, Tom!

>Does anyone know the english translation
>of the word "quirquina" (with a tilde over
>the n)??? Some of our Bolivian gardeners
>are growing this ....it is a green and/or
>herb of some sort....Libby G.?  Jack?

Check out the Seeds of Change website -- I got a packet from them in with
some donations of this stuff -- it appears to be a medicinal green.  I
haven't grown it yet -- it's an annual and my life was too busy to get it in
so quickly.

I don't think there is an English translation -- it doesn't seem to be
something commonly grown here.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of