Garden Crusader Award

  • Subject: [cg] Garden Crusader Award
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:16:58 -0400

Is There a Garden Crusader in Your Neighborhood?

Gardener's Supply Company is pleased to announce a new award program that
will recognize individuals who are using their love of gardening to make a
difference in their community.

The 2001 Garden Crusader Awards will honor six gardeners throughout the
country with a top prize of $1,500 in cash and merchandise. If you know
someone who is using gardening to provide spiritual comfort or teach about
the environment, has beautified a forgotten piece of land, is feeding the
hungry with their produce, we encourage you to nominate someone for this

"Gardening can be a powerful force as it brings communities together,
teaches self-sufficiency and improves our quality of life," said Will Raap,
CEO and founder of Gardener's Supply Company. "Most of us garden for our own
enjoyment, but there are many gardeners who use their love of gardening to
make the world a better place and we want to celebrate their good work."
To Nominate Someone

Go to

 to print out the Garden Crusader nomination form and mail to: Garden
Crusader Award, Gardener's Supply Company, 128 Intervale Road, Burlington,
VT 05401 or fax it to us at 802-660-3501. Or you may call us at
1-888-239-1553 and we'll send you a nomination form.

Application Deadline: June 30, 2001