RE: ants eating strawberries

  • Subject: RE: [cg] ants eating strawberries
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:54:21 -0400

1) An excerpt from "Tiny Game Hunting" with some amusing organic solutions suggested as a first choice before chemicals:
2) A Hawaiian "organic experts" page with a "how can I control ants organically?" link to click on
3) Here are organic/home-remedies for treating ants: Drench a mound with straight vinegar, soapy water or boiling water. Be extremely careful approaching and treating a mound. You don't want to be covered by thousands of these now angry suckers.
Some sweet tempered individuals believe that a little lavender oil sprayed at the mouth of the mound or on the trail the ants take turns them off ( I don't know about this.)
Best wishes,
Adam Honigman