USDA Innovation ResearchGrant Program

  • Subject: [cg] USDA Innovation ResearchGrant Program
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:47:13 -0400

I thought that someone out there might be able to take advantage of this.
Please don't respond to me though! I'm only the messenger:

Help for Grant Writers - http://granthelp.clarityconnect.com

The Department of Agriculture is making approximately $11,000,000
available in grants to small businesses through the Innovation Research
Grant Program

Their objectives are to "...stimulate technological innovation in the
private sector, strengthen the role of small businesses in meeting Federal
research and development needs, increase private sector commercialization
of innovations derived from USDA-supported research and development
efforts, and foster and encourage participation, by women-owned and
socially disadvantaged small business firms in technological innovation."

Selected areas of research are:

Forests and related resources;
Plant production and protection;
Animal production and protection;
Air, water, and soils;
Food science and nutrition;
Rural and community development;
Aquaculture;
Industrial applications; and
Marketing and trade.

There are no matching requirements for this program.

For more information visit:

http://www.cfda.gov/static/p10212.htm