PLACE JAMMING

  • Subject: [cg] PLACE JAMMING
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:00:33 -0400

From the Adbusters website
<http://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/placejamming/pjcontest.html>

PLACE JAMMING

City dwellers wander over asphalt and live behind glass. Our urban spaces
try to dominate and banish nature; our senses are overwhelmed by the sounds,
sights and smells of our own economic and cultural machinery.

The ultimate tool of resistance in the battle to reclaim urban space? Mother
nature, herself. This summer, let place jamming run wild.

Let them see green. Create physical space where nature can re-enter our
perception. Look around you - there are potential targets everywhere. In the
concrete jungle there are nooks and crannies waiting to be planted, there
are rolling lawns crying out for wildflowers.

Document your place jams and enter the Place Jamming Contest.

Document your fertile jam with "before and after" photos or on video. For
examples of possible actions, see action ideas.

Photographs: please send color photo prints.
Video: please send only VHS (NTSC) tapes.

Your entry will be eligible for X prizes. All submissions may be featured in
the magazine or on the website

Submission deadline: August 1st 2001

Please send your submission to:
Place Jamming Contest