RE: Fruit Tree Questions

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Fruit Tree Questions
  • From: Jeneva Storme <jenevastorme@yahoo.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:20:36 -0400 (EDT)

Adam;

Thanks for the input.  Unfortunately, our garden is
way too tiny and surrounded by houses, children and
vandals to harbour a beehive, though that would be
great in a larger, more secure garden.  Come to think
of it, we had an apple out at my mother's farm that
produced fruit, with no other apple trees nearby that
we knew of.  Go figure.  So it seems that if we had
one each of a few different varieties, that should do
fine.  Myself, I'm leaning more toward the wild plum,
and haven't seen anything to indicate that it needs
more varieties to pollinate it.

The Clinton garden looks like a real going prospect!
I hope that we can boast similar success in our
neighbourhood soon.  Getting community involvement
beyond just the statement "I'd like to garden" can be
a challenge, though.  I've bookmarked so many
community garden sites, including yours, that I need
to research for ideas when I get a round tuit.  ;-)

Shade and Sweet Water,
Jeneva

=====
Greening West Broadway Coordinator
"Neighbourhood Solutions for Community Change"

West Broadway Development Corporation
640 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB  R3C 0X3
phone: 774-3534  fax: 779-2203

Movies, Music, Sports, Games! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca