RE: Fruit Tree Questions

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Fruit Tree Questions
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:48:21 -0400

Jeneva,

Weird thing about our apple tree in the Clinton Community garden - it faces
a Japanese Magnolia and produces apples ( we have no other fruit tree in the
garden and we're surrounded by tenements.)

We do have a beehive which produces about 70-90 pounds of honey. Maybe the
bees make up for the lack of another fruit tree in the garden? I'm sure that
one of the master gardeners on this list has the answer!

Here's the link to the garden http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org where if
you go the volunteer front bed link, the little squigly thing after  "Front
Garden" is the situs of the apple tree.
http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/front_garden_beds.htm

Have fun!

Adam Honigman