Children's gardening in India

  • Subject: [cg] Children's gardening in India
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:29:38 -0400

Hi Everyone,
I received this email below from a person in India who is doing great
gardening work with children in slums. I've already sent Vijaya a list of
good websites (from our Links page) and other resources but  from the sounds
of it, they could put to good use things that we might have lying around but
don't use much. (From a following email:  " Children enjoy our gardening
adventures and they feel proud to pickup English words in the course of the
class. Last week, we visited a park and it was like a breath of fresh air to
these kids who live in crowded conditions in the slums. '")

So if you have some children's gardening books or other such things that you
aren't using, think about sending them to India, address below.

Cheers,
Laura

Better Living Through Community Gardening