Evaluating CG's

  • Subject: [cg] Evaluating CG's
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:30:38 -0400

Hi Folks,
I recently received this request (see below) from Kim McGibbon in Thunder
Bay (it's in Canada) for help in evaluating cg programs. I don't have any
specific way of doing it other than by anecdote, but then again, I'm not a
government employee and my need for hard data isn't the same as theirs ;-).

But this is clearly something that we all could benefit from and something
that can help when writing grant applications.

If you would please send your  evaluation methods, forms, ideas, etc., to:
1. the list,
2. to Kim
3. and as well to me--actually if you hit "reply all" it will go to all of
the above--I will try to put them all together and post them on our website
for future reference.

Laura Berman
FoodShare Toronto

  Hello there;
I am wondering if your group has done any evaluation reports on the
community gardens in Toronto.  I work in Thunder Bay and we help to
coordinate community gardens at our health unit and are just looking into
the idea of evaluation.  If you have something electronically I would love
to see it.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kim McGibbon
Public Health Dietitian