FW: save the garden

  • Subject: [cg] FW: save the garden
  • From: "Sally McCabe" <smccabe@pennhort.org>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:34:19 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Pam Hoffmann [mailto:phoffmann65@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 1:08 AM
To: smccabe@pennhort.org; sallymcc@libertynet.org
Subject: save the garden

I am in a fight to save a community garden from developers.  It has existed for nearly 100 years--honest--run by a school.  Then it was a victory garden. I am thinking that there must be a strategy that has worked for others.  Please advise.  It strikes me that public sentiment is important.  Is the local councilman the first contact.  Agricultural extension agents? .  How about local garden clubs?  The newspaper? Parks Commission?  Who are our best advocates?

This is a political issue--not a logical one.  People understand the value of green space. Any quick ideas of how we proceed?  A mtg. is scheduled for tomorrow night.  Thanks for any ideas.

Sincerley,

Pam Hoffmann, gardener