Re: potential employment inquiry

  • Subject: Re: [cg] potential employment inquiry
  • From: scolli@columbus.rr.com
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 07:34:12 -0400

Hi Heath,
Jobs in community gardening are few and far between, but they do exist.
Sometimes they are posted on this listserve.  Ability to relocate is a
likely prerequisite to getting a job in cg.  Besides this board, you may
find leads by investigating the following types of organizations coordinate
cg programs:

County Extension (there's one in every county of the US (that's alot)
Botanical Gardens & Arboreta
Community Development Corporations (rarely)
City Government (rarely)
Community Greening/Environmental  non profits

Experience as a community gardener, volunteer + cg volunteer, and lots of
involvment, volunteering with ACGA would be helpful too!  Community
organizing, teaching and successful experience with diverse groups of people
would help too.

Good Luck,
Shelly Collins