oleander near herbs

  • Subject: [cg] oleander near herbs
  • From: John Lapeyre lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:52:10 -0700

Greetings, I removed an oleander and planted tomatoes in the same
spot. I have herbs right next to it. The oleander roots are fine and
well-dispersed, so I did not get them all out. Is there a poisoning
danger other than that of inadvertently gathering oleander leaves
with the herbs ?  Do the other plants take the toxin from the roots or
leaves of the oleander via the soil and incorporate them in their
leaves and fruits ? Thank you.
John

--
John Lapeyre http://physics.arizona.edu/~lapeyre