Re: starting a garden club locally -

  • Subject: Re: [cg] starting a garden club locally -
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:07:45 EDT

You contacted the American Community Gardening Association Listserve whose
core mission, while it serves some garden club members and master gardeners, is
the promotion of, advocacy for and information exchange on the topic community
gardening in the United States and Canada.  Here is our website.   <A
HREF="http://www.communitygarden.org/";>American Community Gardening Association</A>
. By reading through the site, you will probably get most of the general
information you need.

You are undoubtedly involved with your local agricultural extension in Rhode
Island. I don't know if you know about the Rhode Island Sustainability
Coalition that has organized some school vegetable gardens in your state, <A
HREF="http://www.sustainableri.org/schoolgardens.cfm";>RI Sustainablity Coalition</A>
or the Southside Community Land Trust in South Providence ,  <A
HREF="http://users.ids.net/~sclt/mission.htm";>Southside Community Land Trust</A> that has
created both school and community gardens: <A
HREF="http://users.ids.net/~sclt/gardens.htm";>South Providence Community Gardens</A> .

[Note for our extraordinary webmaster, Jim Call: Interestingly, the Southside
Community Land Trust website has posted a link to the ACGA.  As we do not
have any Rhode Island links on the ACGA website, we could do worse than to
include the Southside Community Land Trust under gardens and a link to the RI
Sustainability coalition on our site.]
Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,

<< Subj:     [cg] starting a garden club locally