spanish language garden books

  • Subject: [cg] spanish language garden books
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds <aedmonds@umich.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:02:39 -0400

Hi Maria!

I'm not sure about adult garden books, but several of the kids' garden books by Lois Ehlert have Spanish as well as English versions-- namely Growing Vegetable Soup, Market Day, et al. I have found them on amazon.com, half.com, and other similar websites. These are beautifully illustrated picture books, that I love showing to adults as much as kids! Maybe Yvonne Savio from Extension in LA has suggestions and will chime in-- I've seen her program materials and they include an English-Spanish glossary of garden-related terms...

I'm currently on the quest for any Arab-language kids' garden books-- especially ones that I could get both the English and the Arabic language version of. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Amanda

Amanda Maria Edmonds
Executive Director, Growing Hope

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
-Mahatma Ghandi