Re: spanish language garden books

  • Subject: Re: [cg] spanish language garden books
  • From: Lenny Librizzi <plantlot@rcn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:51:20 -0400

I don't know about garden books in Spanish but there are downloadable garden science pages for youth in Spanish on the Garden Mosaics website.
http://www.gardenmosaics.cornell.edu/pgs/science/mainscience.htm

Lenny Librizzi

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:02:39 -0400, Amanda Maria Edmonds <aedmonds@umich.edu> wrote:

Hi Maria!

I'm not sure about adult garden books, but several of the kids' garden
books by Lois Ehlert have Spanish as well as English versions-- namely
Growing Vegetable Soup, Market Day, et al.  I have found them on
amazon.com, half.com, and other similar websites.  These are
beautifully illustrated picture books, that I love showing to adults as
much as kids!  Maybe Yvonne Savio from Extension in LA has suggestions
and will chime in-- I've seen her program materials and they include an
English-Spanish glossary of garden-related terms...

I'm currently on the quest for any Arab-language kids' garden books--
especially ones that I could get both the English and the Arabic
language version of.  Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Amanda

Amanda Maria Edmonds
Executive Director, Growing Hope

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget
ourselves."
					-Mahatma Ghandi

--

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org