Recent Cookbooks for gardeners

  • Subject: [cg] Recent Cookbooks for gardeners
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:53:58 -0400

I am working on a newsletter article for our gardening group that grows a
wide
variety of food items , usual american as well as many from
a variety of ethnic tradtions.  I'd like to include some reviews of recent
cookbooks that have a good whole foods vegetable/fruit orientation.  Some
past cookbooks that are similar to what I'm thinking of are the various CSA
or Farmer's Market cookbooks, the Italian cookbook entitled Red, White, and
Greens, topical cookbooks on zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes, and garlic, or
the monestery soup cookbook.  I'd like to find something like those, or a
new French(or other ethnic cuisine that uses fresh rather than prepared
foods) cookbook since the cuisine generally uses lots of  fresh whole foods,
an international salad cookbook, a vegetarian sushi cookbook, some
preserving the harvest type books, or some focused on particular fruits or
vegetables.   I've been watching the area bookstores for the last couple of
months as new ones of this sort often come out this time of year, but they
seem mostly to have new ones on fish, meat or grilling to go with the
current focus on the Atkins/South Beach style of eating.

Have you seen any of this sort in your area?

Sharon
gordonse@one.net