Raised beds on concrete, Pro's and Con's

  • Subject: [cg] Raised beds on concrete, Pro's and Con's
  • From: "Mitch Frister" mitch@growing-gardens.org
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:53:25 -0700

I am working with a School Garden Committee in Portland, Or to create a
garden for next year. We are looking into building Raised Wood Framed Beds
directly ontop of the existing concrete. What are the Pro's and Con's of
this? Does anyone know of any special considerations that we should take
into account? Any good examples that we could look at or read about on the
web? Thanks, Mitch

Mitch Frister
Growing Gardens
Partnership Developer