Re: Teleconference Workshop reminder and et

Hi All,

To start a garden, it helps to know the dimensions of the plot one is
working with and a plot map makes a nice start.  In order to plan the
garden layout and/or to communicate such to others a drawing (many
drawings) is necessary.  To these ends I ask the questions in the
following paragraphs.  Thanks in advance.

Has anyone used Virtual PC for a Macintosh?  I am thinking of buying it
to be able to communicate with the City or County department (in
Phoenix) that one can get plot maps and etc from.  Currently they do
not speak Macintosh.  I inquired on this.

Also, does anyone have any experience with CAD or GIS? I think that
these as well don't have Mac applications.  But that is OK, I should be
able to the Virtual PC program.  I want to be able to use GIS data and
use CAD programming.  Also, does anyone know of any
relatively-simple-to-use architectural, interior design or garden
design programs?  I mention interior design as this application could
be applied to garden design.  The CAD covers some of this. I think.

The GIS, I mention, as I think some of the data it would bring might be
helpful in formulating Grant Proposals.

I know this email has a lot of questions.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated?

Pauline