Cincinnati's Neighborhood Gardens Tour

  • Subject: [cg] Cincinnati's Neighborhood Gardens Tour
  • From: "Mary Ann Westendorf" mwestendorf@CivicGardenCenter.org
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:47:51 -0400

The Civic Garden Center

 invites you to join us for the

25th Anniversary Neighborhood Gardens Tour

This year we are showcasing 3 of our city's outstanding community
gardens on the east side of town:

WHEN: Thursday, July 13, 2006, 5:30 - 8:30 pm

WHERE: Civic Garden Center - We'll board air conditioned buses and head
out to the gardens:

COST: $10.00

To reserve your place on one of the busses, we need to hear from you no
later than July 6. Please make your reservations by calling
513.221-0981, Ext. 18.

We'll visit the following gardens:

Walnut Hills Community Garden

This garden was built in the spring of 1988. New raised beds were built
in the spring of this year. Now all plots are full and there is a
waiting list! This site boasts a children's garden, compost area,
grapes, apples, perennials and annuals. Thanks to Frisch's Restaurants
who owns the property where the garden is located.

Madisonville Community Garden

Built in 1986, this garden has been a welcome addition to the business
district of Madisonville. This garden has a record of having all plots
occupied since its construction. The efforts of the gardeners have
spilled out of the garden and throughout the business district of
Madisonville. They plant and maintain the public planters throughout the
neighborhood, help maintain trails in the Little Duck Creek Nature
Preserve and beautify public areas including the post office and public

East End Veteran's Memorial Garden

When you see this garden, you will be amazed what the gardeners have
accomplished in just two years! The gardeners built a beautiful
veteran's memorial using salvaged rock. There are raised beds built from
salvaged brick. There is a children's garden, grape arbor, orchard,
compost area and beautiful perennial gardens.

You are guaranteed a good time while supporting a local non-profit

Please join us by reserving your seat on one of the air-conditioned
buses (SEATS ARE LIMITED!) by calling 513-221-0981.  Tickets are $10 and
all proceeds benefit the programs of the Civic Garden Center.

Visit our website to see what else is going on in your neighborhood
gardens. www.civicgardencenter.org <http://www.civicgardencenter.org/>

Mary Ann Westendorf
Neighborhood Gardens Coordinator
Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati
2715 Reading Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45206
Phone: 513.221.0981 x 16
Fax: 513.221.0961