[cg] Free Trees

Our contact at National Tree Trust asked me to pass this along.  We worked
with NTT to get trees for an event in March and it was a delightful
experience.  I encourage anyone doing a habitat project at a public school
or on other public grounds in the US to contact David.

>From David at NTT (dmizejewski@nationaltreetrust.org):

National Tree Trust (NTT) is a national non-profit organization, founded in
1990 under the America the Beautiful Act.  Our mission is to get people
involved in their communities and their environment through tree planting.

Through our Community Tree Planting program, we provide free seedlings to
groups in all 50 states.  We have divided the country up into seven regions
and provide regionally appropriate species to those regions.  Most of the
trees we offer are native species, but no one has really outreached to the
native plant "community" as such.  As I assume the role of Program Director
for the Community Tree Planting program, I thought it would be a great
opportunity to let you folks know what we're up to.  We also provide
containers and soil subsidy for groups who want to grow the trees to a
larger size.

Our trees have to be planted on public property (parks, wildlife refuges,
green spaces, roadsides, riparian zones, schoolyards, community gardens,
etc.), and I know that the focus of this list is probably our own backyards,
but if anyone is interested in getting more information please contact me
either through email or at the number listed below.  The deadline is
approaching to receive trees next spring, so let me know ASAP and I'll send
you an application.

Thank you.

David Mizejewski
National Tree Trust