[cg] FAQ children's gardens 6/99

Mallorn.com hosts an email listserve for people who are interested in sharing
information about school gardening. When you send a question to a list, it
instantly goes to all subscribers so you have immediate access to the
collective knowledge of all the members. When you join the list, all
information posted to the list is sent to your email address.

<school_garden@mallorn.com> is a forum for discussing school garden issues.
This list is to facilitate discussion of successes in the gardens, failures and
areas needing improvement, approaches to creation of gardens, design issues in
school gardens, funding, curriculum
development around gardens and long term sustainability of garden based

Conference notices and grant opportunities as found are posted, as well as
pertinent research regarding school gardens.

This list is open to all interested in or who are participating in school
garden creation, use, maintenance or study. All levels of school (preschool
through secondary) are welcome. There is no charge for joining the list.

To subscribe visit:
To check the archives visit:

check out our website on children's gardens

website on funding garden projects

Upcoming conference on children's gardening (right now there is information on
last year's conference, check back for more
information on Feb 2000 conference as we get closer to the date )

Our book on children's gardening

Our recommended list of books on school gardens

You will also find good information from the American Community Gardening
Association publications

"Starting a Community Garden"
"What Good is Community Gardening? "

Good Luck!