Re: campus gardens

Hi David:

Here on the West Coast, I would suggest contacting people at the following
UC campuses.  Contacts at each program will be able to fill in the gaps and
give you even more ideas, I am sure.  The trick is finding these folks
inside during this busy season!

1.  UC Santa Cruz Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems (CASFS)
http://zzyx.ucsc.edu/casfs

CASFS has an incredible program, based on a certified organic farm (they
train 35+ students each year in a six-month apprenticeship in Ecological
Horticulture), and it includes a Community Supported Agriculture project as
well as a Market Cart at the entrance to campus (flowers, fruit, veggies).

2.  UC Davis has a Student Experimental Farm as well as a Children's Garden
Program.  The link below is to the Children's Garden, but also has links to
the Market Garden (which supplies produce to a campus coffee house) and
Community Supported Agriculture projects.

http://childrensgarden.ucdavis.edu/mg.htm

Good Luck!

Courtney Walsh
Education & Outreach Coordinator