need info on starting community garden

I am involved with a group of people who want to start a community garden.
The city has donated a large piece of land for this use. It is inside the
property used as the "projects". We are trying to get this going and open
for use by Easter. Is there anything written up in the form of a booklet,
etc. which we could use as guidelines to get this going. I realize there
could be many things we haven't thought of which need to be addressed. My
vote was to plan it over the next year with an opening date of April 1, 2001
but the others would not hear of waiting. From what I have read on the
internet, this can be a huge undertaking if done well. Do you have anything
we could use to read on this? Cheryl Sommardahl,2810 Palace Place,
Murfreesboro, tn. 37129. Thank You.