RE: Community Garden Info.

Stephanie & Jesse:

1) As a general overview, you may want to read a largish sized article about
community gardening  appearing in  the ' March/April 2001 issue of 'New Age:
The Journal for Holistic Living'. The article,"Grow your own...community" by
Cynthia Van Hazinga gets it right, and is worth sharing with your
garden-creating comrades.

2) There is a wealth of information available to folks interested in
community garden start-ups on the American Community Gardening Website.
Reading through the site and it's links is time well spent:

This page on how to set up a community garden is priceless:

3) Reading through the archives of this listserve may take some time, but it
is well worth the effort:

4) I volunteer at the Clinton Community Garden in NYC. A tiny garden in
comparison with those on the mainland ( 100 x 150 feet), the Clinton Garden
has had to become politically adroit to survive. You may find our policies,
rules and history of some minor interest.

5) Please consider joining the American Community Gardening Association  For
25 bucks a year you instantly become part of an international organization
(we have Canadians, Japanese and a coupla European members) of community
gardeners. Check out this link for all the goodies you can get as a member:
There are karmic benefits to joining the ACGA as well.
Happy gardening, please let us know how it works out for you,
Adam Honigman