Community Garden Awards
Fellow Community Garden Coordinators~
We are looking to start a community and school garden awards program as a
way to reward and highlight some of the great things going on in this
community. I'm familiar with the National Gardening Association's Youth
Garden grant program but would like see other awards models. I would like a
brainstorming list of the variety of criteria or "things to reward" in this
awards program. Such as the garden that has:
* made the biggest aesthetic impact on the community
* been integrated most into the school curriculum
* been a project of the community (not just a couple of dedicated people)
* recruited the most volunteers
* built partnerships with other organizations or businesses
* the most creative use of space or creatively designed
Who do you reward? community garden groups, businesses or other partner
agencies, individual volunteers, etc.?
What do you give as the award? publicity, sign for the garden, money, . . .
Thanks for your help!
Community Garden Coordinator
Des Moines Botanical Center
909 East River Drive
Des Moines, IA 50316
community_garden maillist - email@example.com