RE: CG composting

Susan,

I'm gonna give you some links and all, but I think you should give a hollar
over to John Vernin at the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society for some
pointers on your compost problems. Reading below, I think your issue is
balancing the reds and the greens. Call John, read the links, go to the
library for recipes and I think you'll be able to get your compost pile
going in a few weeks. You might want to call up the Penn State University
Cooperative Extension - they might even have some goodies for you:

1) This Ohio State site is pretty good:

http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioline/hyg-fact/1000/1189.html

2) University of Missouri on building a compost bin:

http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplor/agguides/hort/g06957.htm

3) A lengthy article from Mississippi State University's Ag Extension with
internal links:

http://msucares.com/pubs/pub1782.htm

Best wishes,

Adam Honigman