From: Honigman, Adam [mailto:Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 8:01 AM
To: 'jackh@knoxparks.org'; Community Garden List Serve; ACGA board list
serve
Subject: RE: [cg] what a show

Comrades,

I got to the 17th Annual Green Thumb Growtogether around noon, after temple.
There were still folks lined up to sign in and catch the afternoon classes,
so the grand total looked more like 2,000 by the end of the day. There were
huge lines for lunch and t-shirts, gardeners and those who love them from
all over the city. Dan Ross and  Urban Agriculture people really did impress
everyone: there will be more cg plots for the hungry this year.

Standout discussion groups: A great lady from Northeastern Paralyzed
Veterans gave a great talk on "Enabled Gardening", Lenny Librizzi's garden
mapping and database project wowed everyone who visited it.

Edie Stone is a great MC and has some of the best people and political
skills I've seen anywhere. Her Greenthumb staff is truly outstanding.

The struggle now is to get the parks budget ( and Greenthumb, is a part of
NYC Parks)  raised from .46 of NYC's budget to at least 1%.

Adam