community gardens

Dear community gardening organization,
    I am looking for information on community gardening.  I live in the town
of Farmington.  That's Farmington, Maine.  Being a butterfly enthusiast, I
am going to be meeting soon with the local gardening club and would like to
suggest that we endeavor a community garden project to help beautify this
area.  I would like to know how to go about creating a community garden and
of course, how to find the funding necessary to get it off the ground and
keep it going.  I would appreciate your help in getting this information.
    Anne Mallett
    113 Greenwood Ave.
    Farmington, Maine 04938