RE: 3 questions on consensus/ftru/new address

  • Subject: RE: [cg] 3 questions on consensus/ftru/new address
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:29:08 -0500

Don,

I know that you're such an old hand at community gardening that these
guidelines on starting a community garden that  linked to the ACGA website
may be old hat for you ( or maybe you even wrote them yourself!)

However, here they are:

 http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/starting.html

The list of "Publications Free to ACGA Members" on this link is invaluable.

Non-Robert's Consensus web links:

1) This is a good guide from "Act Up", an AIDS activist group. While this is
geared towards activists aimed at setting up protests, political actions, or
Civil Disobediance actions, this link is helpful as a guide to how consensus
is reached:

http://www.actupny.org/documents/CDdocuments/Consensus.html

2) This useful link from the Casa Gordita web site. Again, activist, but the
process laid out can be applied to almost any group action:

http://www.casagordita.com/consensus.htm

 - however useful they are. Here's a free link to the public domain version
of the rules:

http://www.constitution.org/rror/rror--00.htm

There is also a newly revised 10th edition, in case you're  interested:
http://www.robertsrules.com/

A Union website's intro to Robert's Rules:

http://afge3d.org/rulesintro.html

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman